Railway employers are legally obliged to ensure those personnel whose duties require them to work On or Near the Line and/or undertake Safety Critical Work are medically fit, which means staff must meet the required medical standards set by the railway industry.
- General Health Surveillance
- Respiratory Assessment
- Blood pressure and pulse.
- Height, weight and BMI.
- Assess mobility.
- Visual acuity including colour vision.
Please bring with you:
- List of any current prescribed medication.
- If worn, bring glasses/contact lenses.
- Wear loose clothing, for taking blood pressure readings and the mobility test.
We may also perform a drug and alcohol test. This is dependent on your sponsor’s requirements. The drug and alcohol test consists of a urine laboratory drug test and breath alcohol screen.