The aim of the medical assessment is to:
- Highlight medical problems early.
- Minimise the risk of sudden incapacity and need of rescue.
- Encourage employees to seek medical advice should new conditions be identified.
- Ensure that any underlying / chronic health conditions are well controlled.
- Provide consistency across the industry
The medicals includes:
- Completion & review of health questionnaire.
- Weight, height & BMI
- Blood pressure & pulse
- Vision test – near/far/peripheral/colour
- Hearing assessment: Audiogram/the whisper test
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Physical examination including cardiac, respiratory, neurological & mental state.
- Physical fitness to climb / Cardio-respiratory fitness tests
The medical assessment is undertaken by our registered medical practitioner with an understanding of the activities being undertaken physical demands of climbing masts and towers.
A fitness certificate is issued following the medical, detailing any adjustments and / or review dates.